How I got Rid of My Severe Cystic Acne

April 04, 2014

Hi, guys. A few months ago, I had a severe allergy reaction where I had rashes all over my face. It happened during the last month of my previous semester. I was thinking what may have caused it. It may be the food or any product I used. I seriously did not know. It continued for a month. Thinking it was acne at first, I tried all sorts of acne medication on my face. I know, it was dumb, I found out it was actually rashes after a month.


So, what happened when I got back from my semester break was a disaster! To clear up my face, my mum steamed my face and I used a tea tree mask after that. Then, my nightmare started. Just after 10 minutes after that, I had cystic acne. I never had them before and I had MANY bumps of cystic acne on my face! It was horrifying, dreadful and utterly painful. It’s like watching a horror ghost movie, but the thing is, it was happening, to me.

That was it. Every night after that, I would have average 10 bumps of cystic acne that would appear on my face. I had it all over my face, including all the parts I never had acne before. 

I completely stopped apply any product on my face. I used lemon as toner and bicarbonate of soda every day. They did not nothing much. They just delayed the growth of acne. My face did not feel like face anymore. It felt like a lump of painful flesh which was full of huge, white bumps. It feels disgusting just to look at my own face in the mirror. Though The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil did a very good job in lessening the acne drastically but it was not enough.

After a month, I finally made an appointment with a dermatologist. First, she explained how acne is formed. She said the possible causes of cystic acne are:

  • Bacterial infection
  • Allergy reaction
  • Wrong product
  • Change of hormones
  • Too much of oil production
  • Wrong Diet
  • Lifestyle
In the end, she narrowed it down to that it was most probably allergy reaction. She asked me to take anti-biotic medication and some kind of hormone pills and it was not to be used by pregnant ladies. I don’t really like to take pills and medication so I got a shock of my life. The dermatologist even said that some of her patients took 2 years of anti-biotic! I really thought she was crazy, I mean it was an anti-biotic. Who takes anti-biotic for even more than a month? So, I just told I would take them for a month first. So, I did it. She even gave me a gel medication for the acne. I started using them for a month and I can see the acne were reducing. 

After 3 weeks, I changed my face wash back to my old face wash. Then I understood. The face wash I was using recently were the one to cause my horrible acne! Who would have thought? The moment I stopped using them, no more cystic acne appeared until now. And I have stopped my, medication. They did help me, the medication. I am so glad and am the happiest person in the world. The only drawback is, the acne left my face with lots of scars in just a month. Hmm... I’m trying my best to get rid of them. Hopefully I do so soon. Thank you for reading my blog.

In summary,

How to Get Rid of Cystic Acne

  • Go see a dermatologist
  • Anti-biotic worked
  • Hormonal pills worked
  • Do not touch your face
  • Be hygenic
  • Control Your Diet
  • Wash your face with a mild cleanser
  • Identitify your alllergen
  • Apply Tea tree oil 
  • Do not squeeze your acne

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels by Countries

recent posts

Subscribe