How My Troubled Skin Got Better

November 19, 2013



So let me talk about what I did in order to control the horrible breakouts I experienced. My friends suggested me to wash my face 3 times a day or more. That actually made my face worse. I read somewhere saying that we need to use clean sheets everyday while sleeping so that our pore would not get clogged. Do you expect me to change the sheets every day? My answer is unquestionably no. I am a university student and I definitely do not have time to do that.

Instead my mum suggested me to use clean, freshly washed towels. I am certainly not going to hand-wash towels every! (For your information I do not have washing machine, those machines that are available in campus usually breaks down and I would have to wait at least 1 hour in line just to wash clothes, I know, I lead a crazy and miserable life, lol). 

So, I decided to use freshly washed T-shirt instead, which I would cover them on my pillowcase and use it the next day. (I know it's gross, but then I think I’m getting more gross everyday as student). My face did have fewer breakouts, and I am continuing it until now. I tried skipping this routine, but then I actually had breakouts when I do that. I really wish my face is not that sensitive. 

I also used Oxy 5 Vanishing Formula 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Regular Strength Acne Pimple Medication It helped me out for a while, but then then it left scars all over my face. I also used Neutrogena deep clean energizing foam cleanser as my daily face wash to clear my skin thoroughly. I also used Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Cooling Toner. This really helped me out to control my breakout.

So, let me summarize what I said above.


How I treated my troubled skin

Do's

  • Cover pillow with freshly washed clothes/ towel
  • Wash face twice a day
  • Use moisturizer 
  • Change sheets at least once a week
  • Use pimple cream before going to bed 
  • Use sunscreen everyday (even if it is a rainy day)
  • Tea tree oils helps
  • If its uncontrollable, a visit to dermatologist may help
Don'ts
  • Do not wash your face more than twice a day (as washing your face often it will strip out skin moisture which will lead to more oily skin) 
  • Never touch your face (since your hands will not always be clean, right? Its full bacteria, germs, debris ect..)
  • Never skip sunscreen
  • Don’t let hair get in contact to your face too often
  • Do not frequently change your skincare products




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels by Countries

recent posts

Subscribe